Table of Contents
sam ovens scam
sam ovens net worth
sam ovens review
sam ovens reviews
sam ovens consulting
sam ovens cashflow consulting download
sam ovens consulting accelerator
sam ovens – the consulting blueprint complete version 2015
is sam ovens legit
sam ovens consulting blueprint download
sam ovens youtube
sam club microwave ovens
sam ovens wikipedia
sam ovens interview
sam ovens linkedin
sam ovens bright ideas
sam ovens bio
sam ovens snapinspect
sam ovens mixergy
sam ovens wiki
sam ovens consulting blueprint
sam ovens podcast
sam ovens tai lopez interview
is sam ovens a scam
sam ovens twitter
sam ovens interview transcription
sam ovens youtube interview
sam ovens reddit
sam ovens affiliate
sam ovens ebook
sam ovens lumpy mail
who is sam ovens
sam ovens how to start a business
sam ovens consulting accelerator review
sam ovens webinar
sam ovens consulting accelerator download
sam ovens review Reddit
consulting accelerator sam ovens
sam ovens cash flow consulting download
Go through all the training and complete all the action steps before moving on to the next week.
It’s about foundations and 80% of your results will come from this ground work.
It’s all about selecting your industry, niche, picking your clients and figuring out which challenges they have and what makes them tick.
At last, we will create a great offer for our ideal client and create a marketing message.
Your Niche and Offer
Why Pick a Niche?
- Specialists earn more money, get more respect & have more fun while consultants that didn’t specialize themselves in a specific area work longer hours and make less money (they are the ones burning themselves out.)
- The general practitioner (sits in a little room, diagnoses a ton of people, but doesn’t solve any major problems, but doesn’t make that much money) vs the brain surgeon (works with just a few people, has an ongoing relationship with patients and makes a lot more money)
- The surgeon only has to focus on the brain and being really good on that area, while a general doctor is focusing on all the new viruses and diseases all the time.
- Your marketing is more powerful, conversations more meaningful and it’s much easier to get clients when you know “exactly” who you should be talking to
- If you are a general consultant you think that everyone in the world is your potential client, you are focused on becoming known and famous and have a big list of followers to be successful which is completely false.
- You only need to put your name out there to the people who matter, when you know what your niche is, it’s very easy to target and communicate with these people
- It’s very hard to be the best in the world at a list of things, but easier to be the best with something specific (you don’t have to be the best, but that should be your goal.)
- Sam’s goal is to be the best at getting professional firms more clients and more profit. All the reading and practicing that he does is targeted around that goal.
The Big Money in Consulting is When You Become “The King of Your Mountain.”
You need to define your mountain, climb on the top of it and then defend it.
First of all, you have to define the mountain, because you can’t be the king of hundreds of mountains, then continually work on your skills to own that mountain and prevent anyone to beat you there.
When You Become the King of Your Mountain
- People will come to you instead of you chasing them
- Generalist consultants are no longer your competition and they do not stand a chance – if you are focusing on middle aged women losing weight, general trainers can’t beat you, because they are focusing on everyone!
- Prospects literally beg you to work with them at any price and you get to pick and choose
- You get to “advise” instead of “do” and charge much higher prices.
General consultants recommend something and then they have to actually do it themselves, while specialists just recommend and then the client has to do the work.
You don’t need to become the king before you start making a decent income, but this is what everyone should aspire to become as soon as possible.
So Let’s Define Your Mountain Right Now
Your perfect niche should be picked based on 3 things:
- Skills that you have
- Industries that you know
- The market’s needs & desires
Don’t be one of the people that doesn’t do these exercises and just keeps on learning and reading. Get your pen and paper and start doing these exercises RIGHT NOW!
Step 1: List 10 Industries that you know
Imagine that somebody has a gun to your head right now (we often make the best decisions when we are under pressure) and your life depended on choosing the industry that you were most comfortable making a phone call to sell your services. Which one would you pick?
Maybe your parents work in this industry, maybe you have some experiences or you read books, watched movies about it.
Step 2: List 10 Skills or Services that you have
Imagine the same scenario – gun to your head, what skill or service would you be most comfortable selling to a stranger on a phone right now?
Step 3: Researching The Market’s Problems, Needs & Desires (MOST IMPORTANT)
- Once you know your industry and what skills you offer the next stop is to look at the problems, pains and desires of the market
- To do this you need to do some research and be able to accurately “write a day in your prospect’s diary.” It’s not expected for you to know the market incredibly well right now, but the goal is that you know your prospects so well that they feel like you have read through their entire journal.
- There is an exercise which I like to complete for researching any niche.
10 SMART MARKET DIAGNOSIS AND PROFILING QUESTIONS
- What keeps them awake at night, indigestion boiling up their oesophagus, eyes open, staring
- at the ceiling?
- What are they afraid of?
- What are they angry about? Who are they angry at?
- What are their top 3 daily frustrations?
- What trends are occurring and will occur in their business or lives?
- What do they secretly, ardently desire the most?
- Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions? (example: engineers = exceptionally
- Do they have their own language?
- Who else is selling something similar to them, and how?
- Who else has tried selling them something similar and how has the effort failed?
Where Do You Get This Information from?
- Start by identifying the top 10 blogs in this niche, to do this use buzzsumo.com
- Google should also be your best friend for using this, for example you can just search for “top 10 weight loss blogs” and that’s it – do not overcomplicate things.
- With Buzz Sumo you can also just search for “weight loss” and select “Top Authors” to find people who know what they are talking about.
- Buzz Sumo will show us the top posts ever written on a specific blog.
- Find things that are reoccurring over and over again, because in order for the authors to have good content that people will actually read about, they ALWAYS have to write about the biggest problems/challenges in that market and how to solve them.
- What are the most popular posts on these blogs?
- Now go to the comments section of these posts, what are people saying?
- Real people will be expressing their challenges and experiences
- Look at what is causing arguments, why are people annoyed
- Really start to understand these people and what is going on!
- Who are the top 10 influencers in this niche? What are they saying?
- Subscribe to these people to stay up to date
- You can stay on top by reading the comments that people are writing when these authors are posting their content.
- What are the top 10 books in this niche? What are they saying?
- Look at the reviews and comments of people who have read those books
- Read some of them on your own and make notes – learn as much as possible.
- Consider emailing 50-100 people in this niche and simply asking them some questions to thoroughly understand it.
- Tell them that you are doing a research about their market and would like to know the top 3 challenges that they are facing in that business.
- Do the same thing in Facebook and LinkedIn groups – whatever it takes until you can answer those 10 questions above completely.
This might seem like a lot of work, but in order to write effective content and marketing, you have to understand you niche and the people who are interested about it.
This will ultimately always be better than being broke or working a boring 9-5 job if you selected a niche that you are interested in.
These few questions and exercises should take you a lot of time and effort if done correctly.
DO NOT shortcut them, these are the foundations on which your consulting business will be built on.
Take the time to do this research and thoroughly think things through.
This is light on theory and heavy on practice, because theory doesn’t get you paid – it should take you a full week to do everything in detail.
How to Start Building a List of Your Ideal Prospects
There are 3 groups of people that matter in your life:
- Your friends
- Your family
- Your Clients
Choose them carefully!
If you are miserable dealing with your clients or your industry – it will affect your entire life.
Why Start Building a List Now?
- Starting to build a list of your ideal clients now will give you the confidence that you need to keep moving forward because you can see the actual people who you are going to help from day one!
- As soon as we start reaching out/marketing to these people this list is what we will use
- From day one it is important to start building your list and you should continue to do it every single day.
This course is 10% Theory, 90% Training – if you haven’t completed everything from the previous lesson, do it now or nothing will make sense from this point forward.
Step 1: Define Your “Client Avatar”
- Define your ideal client by designing a “Client Avatar”
- This helps you understand who you are helping and how to identify them
- We do this by answering a set of questions and defining a set of criteria
It’s hugely important to know what is going through people’s heads before the purchase.
Have some proof that your methods work, but we are not going to worry about that just yet.
Step 2: Where Do They Hang Out?
- Where does your ideal client spend his/her time?
- Where do they get their news or information?
- Blogs, newspapers, who they follow on social media
- What products or services do they buy?
- Who do they look up to?
- Who do they idolize
Step 3: Can You Start Making a List Now?
- If your ideal client is a business, can you start searching through Google right now and start building a list?
- For example, just searching for local electricians
- Are there any ideal clients in your current network of friends/family?
- If you can’t start building a list of your ideal clients’ right now, don’t worry.
Individuals are a bit harder to identify at this stage, but we have many methods for building lists of them which we will get to later in this program
- For now, this is just an exercise to start building confidence and getting you thinking.
Concluding This Exercise:
- Start by defining your Client Avatar
- Don’t skip this exercise, spend time on it and really define him/her. Create an image of this person in your head and keep adding more detail to it each day, the more real it is in your head, the easier it will be to find these people later on.
- If you can start building a list of these people right now and continue to add to the list every day (if you can’t do this yet, don’t stress…)
How to Package, Price & Position Your Consulting Services
Why Package your services?
It’s the exact same thing and it is 7 times more expensive.
You are selling a solution – nicely packaged, washed and convenient. This is helping them.
You want to Transition from Selling “Processes” to Selling “Solutions.”
Stop telling what you do – nobody cares!
No more talking about how hard you work, what are you going to do, how your approach is unique or anything like that – the only thing that matters is talking about your client’s problem and solving it. The outcome that will happen is crucial.
Step 1: What Problems Does Your Market Have?
- When you did your market research and defined your Client Avatar you should have identified the problems, pains and desires
- What keeps your ideal clients awake at night?
- Write a list of these problems!
- Now select the most painful one of these problems.
- If you have trouble selecting one imagine there is a gun to your head and do it!
Step 2: Can You Help Solve This Problem?
- Can you help solve this problem based off what you currently know?
- If you can, that’s awesome!
- Can you acquire the skills necessary to solve this problem?
- Books, guides…
- If you need to acquire some skills to solve it, where can you acquire these skills from?
- The problem is most important – knowing it, skills can be learned.
Step 3: Defining The Cost of Having This Problem
- What does it cost this person/business to have this problem?
- Start by defining it financially
- Now define it emotionally
- Now define what this problem could ultimately lead to, what’s the worst case scenario if they do not fix it?
Step 4: What’s It Worth to Have This Problem Solved?
- What does the person/business gain financially by solving this problem?
- What does this person/business gain emotionally by solving this problem?
- How good can things get for the person/business with the problem being solved?
- Big picture thinking – what can happen?
Step 5: Determining Your “Perfect Price”
- Can you put a financial figure on what it’s worth to have this problem solved?
- If so what does 10% of this financial figure come to?
- If you solve a $100,000 worth of problems, you should get $10,000 in exchange.
- Most likely this is your perfect price.
- If you are having issues determining your perfect price, are there any other people in your marketplace doing what you’re doing? What do they charge?
- Your ideal price should be anywhere from $3,000-$15,000 if it’s a “one-off offering” OR anywhere from $500-$3,000/month if it’s an “ongoing offering”
- If you can’t get your offering within those margins is the problem actually that serious?
- You might need to go back to the drawing board and choose something more serious.
- People who solve insignificant things earn insignificant incomes.
Concluding This Exercise:
- Sell “Solutions” NOT “Processes”
- What problems does your prospect have, what’s the most serious one?
- Can you solve this with what you know? OR Can you acquire the skills to solve it?
- Define what it costs them, then define what they stand to gain
- Determine your perfect price and make sure it’s within the margins mentioned.
Consulting Accelerator Live Coaching Call – April 14th 2016
Some people have already found what they want to be doing.
If for any reason you haven’t found yours (lack of skills, not being sure) it’s always good to learn how to get existing businesses more clients/customers.
If we look at market we can see that a lot of things have changed and the process of getting new clients is now different – it used to be just some sort of yellow pages and simple advertisements.
Most businesses are still stuck in the old way of getting new clients.
If you already found your niche forget about all of this and move on, if you haven’t Sam suggests you to specialize yourself in getting clients to existing customers using online methods.
You can then pick surgeons, lawyers, roofers, plumbers… whatever market you want and deliver them clients. This is a huge need and desire – every business wants more customers. And businesses need help transitioning from old to the new way of getting them.
The market is checked, pick the industry yourself and you can acquire skills from this program because Sam will teach you Facebook methods and transform you into a funnel expert – Facebook Ads.
If Sam Ovens would have to start over, that’s what he would do. And the Training is always current, if anything changes, Sam will update it.
He is always on the front line because he is using these techniques daily – he’s also connected to some of the top Facebook people every week.
It will usually change every 6 months, but it will be a small change.
People pay a lot more than $2,000/month to get new customers – usually around $10,000 per month.
Q&A (12th minute)
If you are helping getting clients in any niche, you are on the good path – as we covered it in the “Picking Your Niche” video, the market’s needs and desires are most important and getting clients is one of the most demanded skill in any market.
Facebook ads are amazing right now, the work extremely well.
You don’t however need to do digital marketing, if you are passionate about shopping, be payed to shop with a wealthy client.
Growth is one of our basic human needs – whether we are broke or making a million every day, we will want to grow and improve.
The reason why people hire a coach or a consultant is because they are where they are and there is a gap to get to where they want to be – they probably tried fixing it on their own and failed and now they seek professional help.
Everyone has a different desired situation, but most common one is getting more prospects.
Most businesses are owned by a generation of baby boomers who most likely don’t have a clue about digital marketing.
Before we pick a client he will most likely complete a survey (we will cover that in Week 4) and based on the answers we will figure out if he’s a good fit.
1 word answers don’t deserve a call back, because they didn’t take the time or complete the survey seriously. New people are tempted to take anyone which is usually not good – it’s better to cherry pick.
When you are good at two things – use the gun to head scenario. Human beings are VERY BAD at making a decision, they procrastinate, so you have to force it if it’s hard for you.
It doesn’t matter how big that decision is.
Do not make a mistake of forcing people what you think they should want, that’s why you should do your research about what market already wants.
Keep your job and start your consulting business on the side until you make enough money (until your consultation income matches your day job.) Free up some time so you have enough time for your consulting business – cut down other activities, or sleep less until that happens.
All skills can be learned, that’s why it’s necessary to pick a niche that have a lot of needs.
Usually you can learn anything in a week.
It’s better to tell them your flat fee + whatever you are going to spend on ads. Instead of charging $4,000/month, say your flat fee is $2,000 and you will spend $2,000 on ads.
Education for kids is a great niche – pain is incredible there (all parents want their kids to be knowledgeable.)
You can also consult an influential person for free to get their testimonial and referrals (will be covered in future training.)
People will always tell you what their revenue is, but not what the profit is.
The profit is usually anywhere from 10%-50% (most likely around 20-25.)
Our profit is much larger.
Ideal client, your message and avatar are a work in progress – keep getting in front of clients, keep gathering more prospects… take a lot of action.
Only answer the questions that you get asked – you don’t have to say anything more.
We will get into more detail next week – sales script.
Your first couple of calls won’t be perfect – it only really takes 20 to get good at it.
The reason why people fail is because they are too afraid to make the first one or they did the first one and it didn’t go well.
You have to go further than that – don’t be hard on yourself on the beginning, just get through them.
Business owners don’t worked 9-5, even if you call them from 6-10 pm they will pick up their phone.
If you can get people what they want, they will respond to you anytime.
Self-development is a great niche, but narrow it down – pick one area like helping people to be leaders.
Don’t assume the other people are the same as you – Sam didn’t think anyone would pay him $2,000 when he was broke, but now he knows that people pay a lot more for a lot less.
Helping single person businesses is hard because they don’t make enough money – try avoiding those.
Right now we are only focused on knowing what the problem is, because once you know it you are ahead of everyone else – skills are easy to get.
Stepping into things that you don’t have all the answers to is the right approach – you will never know everything, but that shouldn’t stop you from starting right now.
Believe in your ability to figure things out – you are not “fake” if you are willing to work out to figure it out.
“No expert started as an expert.”
People who just started out have a mindset problem – when you are not used to it, and your first client gives you money for something, you think you might get in trouble.
You will always feel a little uneasy when you start something like that, but that’s how you know you are doing the right thing – even Sam at this point does everything he cans to get to that feeling, which makes sure that he is growing constantly.
You will be using a sale script – Sam did almost 2000 calls using it, it’s very powerful in any niche!
Hire more people when you need them – not sooner.
Don’t care about competition, it will only make you work harder – focus on yourself.
If there’s no competition in most cases it means there’s no money to be made there, so embrace competition.
Live Questions (1:09th minute)
Because Sam Oven’s understanding is so good, he can teach people so quickly.
People prefer virtual these days – it’s so much harder to meet people in person.
Start telling people that you will do everything virtually.
Open up a business when your first client is ready to pay you, don’t do it sooner.
Sam only answers his calls if they are scheduled – otherwise there will be a chaos. Let them know when you are available and where they can reach you. No expert is available at all times.
You can most certainly travel the world and do this – it’s a perfect business for you in that case.
People work in different places – it’s totally fine to start in a month, but don’t procrastinate without a reason.
There is always a lot of people in every market, but few are good.
If you train for one day using what Sam teaches you on Facebook ads you will be better than most of them.
Sam’s attorney already created all the contracts for you and Sam will walk you through how you need to handle all the legal things and opening a company.
If you want to build a brand, do it – if you want to build it around your name do it. There’s no right or wrong way, but it’s great to show your name, so you build up your authority.
Clients want outcome – they want the desired situation, that’s why you will not be selling a specific amount of hours – nobody cares for how long you work as long as you get it done.
People aren’t paying to talk to us – they don’t really want to do that.
Some people spend $100,000/day on Facebook ads on health – that’s a great niche as well.
You have to contact customers – the longer you wait, the worse it gets. It’s the same as thinking about jumping to a swimming pool, just jump right in without any delay.
You will get an actual attorney’s advice that you will be able to follow.
Content is being strategically unlocked so you can only watch one week at the time and do all the exercises, instead of jumping from video to video and not doing anything useful.
Try to sell something that has ongoing benefits, so you can charge every month and you don’t need new clients every time.
Only worry about today and what’s in front of you, make decisions fast – gun analogy and specialize yourself in one specific area.
Learn how to manage Facebook ads by yourself – knowing how it works will make you a lot of money.
It’s very simple – find out what people want and sell it to them.
Corporate clients aren’t very good – Sam doesn’t like them, because they have their own goals.
Use Fusion Soft when you make more than $10,000 to keep everything organized.
Don’t do things that you don’t need right now – opening a company while not having any clients.
Sam has spent more than a million dollars on training – now he’s making hundreds of thousands every month. You don’t need any other Facebook training.
In terms of payed advertisement Facebook is the best right now, for free use e-mails.
We will cover Million dollar Sales Training.
If there’s one skill that will help you become successful, that’s selling.
Sam was very bad at first, so he is a living proof that anyone can get good with persuasion. This training alone has created a lot of 6-figure consultants.
7 Figure Sales Training
If you are good at selling, you will never be hungry – it’s the most vital skill for you to learn.
- You can consume this training content in 2 hours, but MASTERY takes a lifetime
- Watch it at least 4 times!
- You’re not good at sales? How many sales calls have you done?
- Sam has done close to 2,000 calls (45 minute/call.)
- Understand that you are going to have to revisit this training weekly for the next year, you’re going to have to record your calls and learn from them and practice, practice, practice!
- Sam still listens to his calls and analyzes what worked and what didn’t work. He then figures out where to take a pause, with which tonality he should say something…
This process is so powerful when mastered that you will have the ability to persuade literally anybody to do anything. Sam asks that you use this process ethically and only sell to people you can actually help and add value to.
Sam could honestly sell anybody anything even if he didn’t know what it was, because he has the ability to position himself as the vehicle to somebody fulfilling their greatest desires.
Great salesmen sell “futures” not “products and services” and when you understand this, Sam asks that you use it with warning and honesty.
Our Sales Process from Start to Finish
- Opt In
- Call – BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!
Before The Call Prep
- Release your attachment to the “Yes”
- Put full attachment onto an accurate DIAGNOSIS – just like a doctor
- If you understand someone’s situation and realize that you have the product that will help them, then make the sale.
- Keep your ego in check
- Do not judge the prospect in any way
- Understand that you and the prospect are there for different things
- Understand that “sales” is NOT a game, it’s meeting people heart to heart.
- Great sales people are very calm and are quiet for a long time.
- Print out the survey 10 minutes before the call and look over it
- Be in a quiet room with headphones, so that you have your hands free to write and express yourself
- Use your hands to get your tonality and delivery right
- Never do a sales call with kids running around, traffic or dogs barking…
- In front of you just have a notepad and the survey – no screens or distractions
- I like audio only via the phone so I can use silence and complete focus as tools of persuasion
- Sam doesn’t use video.
- Release all emotion from the day’s stresses or previous calls and be in a tranquil state ready to give your prospect your full clean undivided attention
- It doesn’t matter what happened to you before the call.
The “Sam Ovens Silence” – Using Silence As Your Secret Weapon
- When you ask a question – shut up
- Sam doesn’t open his mouth even if the phone goes silent for a full minute.
- Let people finish their muddled sentences and never talk over them
- If Sam doesn’t like the answer he will keep being silent until gets what he wants
- Example: “How much money are you currently making?”
“I’m not sure.” – Stay silent, until they realize that they have to figure out how much they are making, because you are not satisfied with the answer.
- Even if there’s a 10 second break, they will start adding information to their answer if you don’t say anything.
- Example: “How much money are you currently making?”
- Silence on your end allows the other person to think and they will speak giving you essential clues as to where their train of thought is going
- This is what you will use as your ammunition
- Silence also makes the prospect worry that their answers are not good enough and that you might not take them on as a client and it FLIPS THE POWER to them being the needy troubled ones.
- You are the person that doesn’t really need anything from them.
- They think they are blowing it.
- If Sam doesn’t like the answer he will keep being silent until gets what he wants
Let People Sit with the Weight of Their Pain
- Whatever you do – DO NOT SOLVE
- When people know something (for example Facebook ads) and the prospect asks them about it, most of them will start explaining everything and try to solve the problem on the call – you are not there to teach.
- When your prospect states their current situation and problems and pains, don’t jump in and start coaching – instead just say “OK.”
- Your prospect has a problem and when you ask a question that dredges up the pain attached to that emotion, if you solve it they will no longer feel the pain.
- Say “OK” and then keep asking questions. Let them sit with their pain and the seriousness of their situation.
- We are on the call to diagnose, not solve.
Part 1 – Small Chat for 2-3 Minutes
- Hey John, how’s your week been going?
- Where you calling from today?
- Alright well we can dive right in and get started with this call if you want?
- Yes, let’s do this!
Part 2 – Set The Agenda & Take The Lead
- Use your own words to fit your personality, this is what Sam does:
- OK, how this call will go is, I will start out by asking you some questions about your business and your application which I have here and then if it sounds like I can help and if it sounds like we are a good fit I will explain what I have to offer and how that works and everything and then at the end you can make a decision whether you want to be a part of it or not.
- You MUST have the Alpha Role Immediately
- Sales only happen when you have the alpha role and are leading the conversation
- If the prospect starts the call leading you with questions dodge them and the re-state the agenda before moving forward – do not answer them.
- If you can’t take the lead just end the call, it will not close if you don’t have the lead.
- It’s either my way, or no way without any excuses.
Part 3 – Figure Out Why They Are Here
- So John, tell me what motivated you to take the time out of your day and schedule this call with me today?
- With a clear answer to this question you will know exactly what the problem is.
Part 4 – Understanding Their Current Situation – probably the most time is spent here
- OK so what are you selling?
- How are you pricing that?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Why do people buy your product or service? What’s the big promise?
- What is the sales process from stranger to client with you?
- If selling multiple services or products what makes up the most sales volume? What’s the most important product?
- Make sure you are writing all of this stuff down!
- Know exactly how someone’s business works!
Part 5 – Gather Essential Data and Cause Self Inflicted Pain
- How are you currently getting customers?
- Do you know how much it’s costing you to get a new customer?
- Do you have a proven process in place to get new customers at will?
- Are you comfortable relying on this style of running your business?
- How much money are you making per month with this business right now?
- You MUST get the answer to this question before moving forward!
- Get a dollar figure per month answer.
This is just like going to the doctor and he asks you “how much alcohol did you drink?”
You say “3 glasses of wine per day.”
“How good was your diet?”
“I’m not too sure.” When he doesn’t respond, you continue to talk – “mostly fast food…”
A conversation like that will bring out the pain in you because you are realizing how bad your health is, just like that business owner will start to feel bad answering these questions and realizing his answers aren’t very good.
When people don’t give you a proper answer shut down until they do, just like a doctor would.
A lot of people won’t know the answers to these questions and start to feel guilty as business owners. You are doing it really well when people are worried you will not want to work with them, because their answers are so bad.
Part 6 – Figure Out What They Want
- OK John, where do you want to grow this business to in the next 12 months?
- You MUST get an answer to this, hear them out and then get a specific dollar figure per month where they would like to be at.
- Get a dollar per month number.
- OK and what is your motivation for getting to $xx?
- How would things be different for your business if you got to $xx?
- They will be looking into their future and how things will be different.
- Would getting to $xx have an impact on other areas of your life? Tell me about that!
- Support them in their vision and make sure that you spend some time defining it and exploring it with them.
- If they are aiming too low, help them aim higher and widen what’s possible for them beyond what they might see for themselves.
- In this point you can use case studies or stories of people you have helped to help them see a bigger vision.
- “This person is in the same industry, and his services might not be as good as yours, but with my help this person reached this level.”
- When someone wants to less than double, help them expand their vision.
Part 7 – Releasing Control & Self Admission
- OK John, you’re currently making $10,000/month and you want to get to $50,000/month. Tell me what’s stopping you from achieving that on your own?
- This question is gold, it lines everything out – it’s the gap from current to desired situation.
- That’s how great salesmen work – they accurately describe prospect’s current situation, let them sit on that pain of not being where they want to be, then determine what the desired situation is and how it would affect their whole lifestyle.
- People will buy because:
- Of their INABILITY to get there on their own
- Want to get there FASTER
- Want to use a PROVEN SYSTEM and have guidance from somebody who has actually DONE IT
- Listen to those 3 magic statements before moving forward. If they don’t think anything is stopping them from doing it on their own then you will not be able to sell them, because that is the biggest objection.
If they think they can achieve success on their own, say that’s awesome and if that’s the case then they probably won’t need your help and try to end the call.
- If they could actually have done it themselves, they wouldn’t schedule the call with you.
Part 8 – Gaining Commitment & Wrapping in Emotion
- OK John, so you’re currently making $10,000/month, why not just stay where you are?
- OK and is not having this affecting any other areas of your life?
- OK and when do you want to fix this?
- I know you want to fix this now, but how committed are you to make this happen?
- The response to this question always brings in the emotions. Responses like being a single mother or having just gone through a divorce…
- There is always a POWERFUL underlying reason why somebody wants to make more money in their business and you need to uncover it here.
- You need emotions and commitment – you have to hear that somebody can’t stay where they are for much longer and will do anything for things to change.
Part 9 – Acknowledge the Gap & Permission to Share
- “OK John, well I can definitely help you with that.
I think you’re a good fit for what I do, would you like me to tell you about what I do?”
- And be quiet – you are gaining permission to tell him.
Part 10 – State What You Are an Expert At
- “Well my area of expertise is helping businesses to get more clients by…
I typically work with… and I help them to…”
- Write out what you to.
- Script out how you present yourself and practice it until you can deliver it clearly and in a powerful way.
You want your prospect to think “that’s me” and “that’s my situation right now” and “I definitely want to achieve that result.”
- Therefore… you must be the expert to help them here. You are the one they have been looking for.
- When you finish stating your sentence just shut up.
Changed Tempo From This Point:
Up until this point you have asked questions, they responded and you said “OK” and then asked the next question.
NOW things change…
You state what you are an expert at, and then shut up and wait for them to start pulling more from you.
At this point you have to lead them into a mental state that they have never been in before – they know they have a problem, they know what they want and they know they can’t get there on their own AND they know that you are the expert to help them get there.
Up until now you helped them see what they want to do, and now that they know everything and who can give those results to them, you are not talking anymore.
BUT… You are now not leading the conversation forward and they have to pull it all from you which again builds their neediness while strengthening your power.
Part 11 – Stating Your Offer and How It Works
The next step assuming you did everything correctly is that your prospect will ask you how they can work with you or what you have to offer – when they ask, you need to present what you have in a clear way that does NOT SOLVE their issues.
Here you state what you do and how it works. You MUST talk about it at a high level and keep it vague. Don’t talk about the processes or the features or anything like that, because you will trigger the wrong “feature brain” in your prospect and you want to keep their brain fixated on the OUTCOME (don’t talk about Facebook ads, instead Sam would say that he has 8-week program where he helps put client’s system in place to get them more clients.)
If for example you talk about Facebook ads, their brain will trigger their experiences with Facebook ads, perhaps they think that because they don’t click on them, nobody does, or they tried and failed before and now they are afraid of buying something from you… You don’t want to trigger any of that!
Your description of how your thing works should be no more than 2 minutes and should NOT INVOLVE ANYTHING ABOUT PRICE.
THEN SHUT UP.
Now your prospect will start asking questions about how it works and they will keep asking questions until they have a clear understanding of exactly how it works and more importantly – how it will work for them.
When you present your offer in vague detail, the prospect then asks you for all the pieces that they need to understand, and they keep asking until they have the full picture that THEY NEED.
They are building their perfect offer for themselves – think about it. If you would talk for 5 minutes about something that you don’t care about, they would lose interest.
Instead, you are letting them ask you questions and get exactly the answers that they want.
As you answer the questions be careful not to divert the conversation, just answer the specific question they asked you and THEN SHUT UP.
Eventually, when your prospect has asked all the questions they have regarding the offer, they will ask you for the “Price Question.”
If you reveal the price before they fully understand everything, they don’t know what they are even buying, instead save it until now – they have to think about everything else before the price.
Part 12 – Stating Your Price With Incentive Based Pricing
This part comes ONLY WHEN YOUR PROSPECT ASKS FOR IT.
“Well, the everyday price for this is $9,800, but I have found that those who make decisions quickly always turn out to be the best clients and we do amazing work together, so for that reason I have something called incentive based pricing where if you make a decision on the call with me today, I knock $4,000 off the investment and it’s just $5,800.” Then shut up.
“Well my fee for managing this for you is $2,000/month and there is a setup fee of $2,000 (one-time), but I have found that those who make decisions quickly always turn out to be the best clients and we do incredible work together – that’s the reason why I have something called “incentive based pricing” where if you make a decision on the call with me today, I waive the $2,000 set up fee and it’s just $2,000/month. Then shut up.
We are stating a more expensive price, and then they realize it’s actually cheaper and we give them a clear reason to make their decision NOW, rather than later.
This SILENCE is the most crucial part of your entire call. You MUST not cave in and you MUST remain silent until the prospect speaks. Sometimes this silence is longer than 1-2 minutes.
At this point your prospect knows they have a problem, they know what they want and they have admitted that they can’t get there on their own.
They see you as the leader and the expert with the solution to get them where they want to go.
You covered your offer and let them extract every detail they needed to know about it and now they have asked you about the investment.
You stated the price and shut up. Now their brain is in serious overdrive running mental movies of what might happen if they buy or don’t buy. It’s thinking about bills, cash flow and whether they can pull the trigger on the investment. You MUST let them sit in the pressure of silence to process this.
If they say “OK” or “OK well” or anything like that, just remain silent. If they ask if you are still there, say “Yes I am” and then just shut up again. Don’t let them get off the hook.
What We Are Waiting for…
- Any words that mean let’s move forward with this:
- “What’s the next step?”
- “OK well, what’s next?”
- “OK, how do we get started?”
- “OK, let’s do it!”
When They Want to Move Forward
- “Awesome! Well we can get you started right now if you want.”
- OK well how do we do that…how do we do the payment…
- “We can do credit card over the phone if you want.
- OK cool…
- So is that VISA or MASTER CARD, collect the details and you’re DONE!
What We Will Not Accept
- Any words that do not mean YES or NO. This decision is BINARY, not a grey area.
- OK well can you send me something via email?
- How do I get back in touch with you if I decide to move forward?
- I’m going to need to think about this.
- I’m going to have to ask my business partner, wife…
A “NO” Is Fine, But A “MAYBE” Is NOT
If somebody says that this is too expensive or they can’t do this, that’s fine.
Ask them why they can’t and then see if you can handle that objection.
NO’s are fine, but don’t accept Maybe.
Anything but a “YES” is a “NO”
- Looking back over Sam’s data – anything that wasn’t a yes on the call, rarely turned into a yes later and even if it did, the effort needed to convert it was more than what was needed to convert a new prospect.
- You must create a reason for people to buy NOW on the call and NEVER let a single call linger in maybe zone.
- Nobody in their right mind will turn down a $2,000 discount just to think about it. If somebody says they want to think about it, make sure they understand that after the call, the $2,000 discount goes away.
- If somebody doesn’t mind about the $2,000 discount they were NEVER going to buy anyway!
Why People Don’t Buy
- They have a problem and life would be better if they were making more money, but life has been tolerable up till now – they will still be just fine tolerating where they are right now.
- People don’t buy because they retreat to fine (they get scared.)
- Don’t let people retreat to fine, show them the seriousness of their situation.
They MUST Make a Decision
- People will do everything they can to get the “Option” to do something in their own time and at a later date, that’s what they want.
- Do not give people this option. Make them understand that a decision needs to be made to either move forward or put this matter to bed, fence sitting is in nobody’s best interest.
- If somebody can’t make a decision and insists that they need to think about it, say that’s OK, but the absence of a YES to you is a NO and then thank them for taking their time to do the call, but this is not a maybe and there is no option to think about it.
- You are going to mark them as a NO and that they can reach out later down the line at the everyday price.
Rewrite the script to match your market and say things in your own words to make it more natural for yourself.
Record yourself going through this script multiple times, read and watch it at least 4 times this week.
How to Accept Credit Cards Online & Via The Phone?
- Asking for checks is redundant these days, it requires more effort, gives longer sales cycles, increases complexity.
- All sorts of things can go wrong – they might not have the money or they might change their mind if you give them so much time.
- Accepting credit cards is fast, easy, people can use their credit and it’s instant.
- You will improve sales conversions, decrease your costs and complexity.
The Two Things Needed to Accept Credit Cards
- Times have changed, and this has become much easier!
- #1 Merchant Processor and Gateway
- #2 A software platform to integrate with the gateway to run the transactions
- Sam found the simplest and most effective way to do it.
First of all, Create a Stripe Account.
It accepts all credit cards, has no setup, monthly or hidden fees. Pay for only what you use.
You can integrate it with your bank account and get your money within 48 hours.
Then create a Pay Funnel’s Account
This was actually created for Sam’s client by one of his client. For $9/month you can setup everything overnight and accept all credit cards easily.
Our Workflow for Accepting Payments
- Have a strategy session with your client and ask for the payment
- Take their credit card information over the phone and write it down
- Enter their payment information into Pay Funnels and process the transaction
- Done! Congratulations!
This week is all about promotional strategies .
- We already selected our niche, researched our market, completed client avatar.
- Then we crafted a high ticket offer, trained our mindset, set our goals…
- We went over sales training, designed our own personal script and PRACTICED!
- Now we are ready to start promoting and MAKING SALES!
We will be using 3 organic ones (start for free) and 3 paid ones.
It is advised that you start with the organic ones, and once you make some money back, reinvest it into the paid strategies.
6 Promotional Strategies
The 4 Pillars of Consulting
- Client Attraction – we are talking about this part right now.
- Client Conversion – Week #2 is about conversion with sales script.
- Service Delivery
Promotional strategies are at the very top of our Sales Funnel to get us in front of people. Sam does a mixture of things – don’t ignore the organic ones.
- Organic Facebook
- Direct Outreach
- List Farming
- The VSL Funnel With Paid Ads
- The JIT Webinar Funnel With Paid Ads
- The JV Webinar
Sam’s Typical Sales Volume By Source:
- 40% Paid Advertising
- 20% List Farming
- 20% Organic Facebook
- 20% Direct Outreach
- 60% of Sam’s sales come from organic methods.
Promotional Strategies in detail:
- Organic Facebook – Start TODAY!
- Use your own personal Facebook profile to friend potential clients and post about your success and your client’s success daily
- Minimum once a week
- While this doesn’t sound that great, it’s honestly one of the best strategies and completely free.
- Start by cleaning up your personal profile, say what you do, clean up pictures and posts.
- Have professional photos only
- Facebook users have become more mature – you will find a lot of business owners.
- Create a “list” for business people and put all business contacts in there
- Start posting daily about what you do and your client’s success to that new “list”
- Create a separate list for your friends, they don’t have to see those posts
- It might take you 5 hours to do this, but you only need to do it once.
- When people apply for a Strategy Session with you, friend them on Facebook.
- Use your own personal Facebook profile to friend potential clients and post about your success and your client’s success daily
- Direct Outreach – Start TODAY!
- When you see somebody who is a good fit for what you do, don’t wait until they see your marketing.
- Friend them on Facebook and then send them a direct message or send them an email
- This strategy is great when you can see somebody is a perfect fit and you want to get their attention, but don’t want to wait for them to finally find you (because that might never happen.)
- Personally, write every message and send it – Facebook and email, don’t be lazy.
- Use “YesWare” to track who opens your emails
- Only send Facebook messages if you are their friend (perhaps after a week after adding them.)
- You can start doing this immediately for free!
- If you are on a low budget (you can spend less than $100/day on Facebook ads), make sure you send at least 5-10 outreach messages every single day!
- Sam still sends messages like this EVERY DAY!
- List Farming – if you have a list, Start TODAY!
- If you have an existing email list, then this is the lowest hanging fruit opportunity that you have at the moment.
- Fastest way to generate some sales quickly
- Invite your list to a live webinar (remind them multiple times before it happens), where you will do a presentation, and then at the end ask them to schedule a call with you.
- After the webinar, post a replay online and then email your list 3-4 times sending them to the replay and getting them to schedule a strategy session.
- You should run a live webinar campaign like this every month to your list and then let it recover again for 30 days, then run it again!
- Just this alone will add a HUGE amount of new Strategy Sessions to your calendar every month.
- WARNING: If your list is too big (over 3,000), then segment it for mailing – don’t overload yourself with Strategy Sessions.
- The VSL Funnel With Paid Ads
- This is one of our paid advertising funnels, used to generate strategy sessions
- We start by building this one first, because it is the fastest and easiest one to build, it also provides us with the cheapest testing data.
- Funnels will be covered in a greater detail in Week 4 – this is an example where they opt in for a case study, and then it leads them to your Sales Video (20 minute power point video.)
- Once they click next, they complete a survey and schedule a session with you.
- FB Ads – $1-$3 Clicks
- Landing Page 20%-50% – $2-$5 Leads
- VSL Video
- Survey 5%-10% Conversion – $20-$200 per Strategy Session.
- This Funnel still works, it’s proven – people have 7 figure businesses with this alone and Sam has done over a thousand Sessions with this.
- The JIT Webinar Funnel With Paid Ads
- This is the second paid traffic funnel to generate Strategy Sessions
- We build this one out ONLY when the VSL Funnel is proven and working consistently.
- We then use this funnel, because It generates more qualified Strategy Sessions.
- It’s more complicated, harder to build (it requires paid software to set everything up) and produces more expensive strategy sessions, so we build it ONLY after we have the VSL Funnel proven for at least 1 month.
- This Funnel happens on it’s own – it will start automatically and play itself, so you don’t have to actually be there, and people will still watch.
- Most people think they are attending a LIVE webinar.
- If they realize it’s not live, they still like it – over 80% will believe it is LIVE.
- 1 Hour Long Webinar presentation with an option to schedule a strategy session.
- These Sessions will cost you about 30-50% more than with VSL Funnels.
- The JV Webinar
- This is a Joint Venture webinar with somebody in your marketplace who serves your ideal client in a non competitive way.
- As an example you are marketing to plumbers and he is their accountant.
- Don’t try this strategy until you have a proven track record, because most JV’s won’t trust you, until you can show proof and client results.
- If you are not good or you just disappear, it will hurt his relationships to his list.
- Once you have that, start by looking at potential JV partners who serve your same niche.
- Reach out via email to discuss the possibility.
- First of all build your relationships with them – buy their products, add them on Facebook, take them out to dinner…
- Think one year ahead – what relationships would you like to have?
- This is a Joint Venture webinar with somebody in your marketplace who serves your ideal client in a non competitive way.
- Do this to build trust, then after a while ask for the opportunity to do JV together.
- Schedule a time to do a live webinar where the partner introduces you to his people at the start and then you present and ask people if they are interested to apply for a Strategy Session.
- Sam Typically pays $200 per Strategy Session for this method OR $1,000 per customer.
- See what your partner is happy with.
- Clean up your Facebook profile and create a new list right now – start posting at least once per week – ideally post every single day to start building momentum.
- Create a list of 10-100 ideal clients in your niche and then start using direct outreach to reach out to 5-10 of them every single day – get in the habit of doing this.
- Do you have an email list? Consider kicking things off with a live webinar to schedule your first batch of strategy sessions.
- Do you have warmed up JV partners already? Consider setting up a live JV webinar to schedule strategy sessions
Exercuse on these right now, don’t wait until next week’s training – this can get you clients NOW!
7 Steps to 7 Figures With Your Coaching, Consulting or Service Based Business
There are too many things there that will get you clients. You can read about it everywhere – show up on Periscope, do guest blogging, do these funnels, use Snapchat… this webinar will put you at ease with all of that.
Who Will Benefit from this?
- Anybody who makes a living from their knowledge, expertise or wisdom,
- Coaches who provide 1 on 1 or group coaching programs,
- Experts who provide information products, live evenets or trainings,
- Agency businesses who provide done for you services on a 1-off or monthly recurring basis.
To do this, you absolutely have to be a true expert and have value that you can deliver to your clients.
If you will listen to hundreds of people telling you to be engaged on all the different social platforms, while running 10 campaigns, writing books and blogging – you will never have any time to get clients.
When was the last time that you hired a guy who wrote a book? You have to choose between focusing on being rich or famous. These two things require different actions right now.
- Define your Mountain and Own it
- NARROW YOUR FOCUS DOWN TO ONE THING.
- Lebron James doesn’t play baseball one week and then basketball the next. Basketball is Lebron’s mountin, he defined it, owned it and defends it.
- Don’t be the webinar guy one week, Facebook guy the next and then YouTube guy the third week.
- People lose respect for those who don’t commit and will forever be a flake in the business world.
- Define what your area of mastery is and then climb to the top of that mountain and defend it like hell.
- It’s a lot easier than you think to be the best in the world at one thing, but impossible to be the best at multiple things.
- Only Offer Your Core Product or Service
- When Apple was failing and had 30 days worth of cash left in the bank, Steve Jobs came back to rescue it and the first thing that he did, was axe 80% of the product line and returned Apple back to it’s core business.
- Are you offering products and services that you don’t have 100% conviction in?
- Cut them all and dedicate yourself to just offering 1 or 2 core things that you are proud of and believe in the most.
- Hone these offers to be the best in the world and forget about everything else!
- Great companies focus on 1 or 2 core products or services and work on making them the best.
- Develop Your Proof of Concept From Done For You Services and Then Roll it Into a Training Program
- Once you have defined your mountain, work with 1 or 2 clients until you get them results and the think “What is the underlying concept here that is working to get people results?”
- Once you have developed your proof of concept, you can now put that into a training program and share it with others who want similar results.
- Don’t get stuck doing the work again and again for different clients thinking that every time is different and it can’t be done in any other way.
- When you stick to a niche and get people results, there is ALWAYS a proof of concept that can be put into a training program.
- It works just like you would open a fast-food restaurant in one city, master how it works and then open another restaurant and apply the same concepts to get the same results.
- Command Premium Prices and Be Proud of it!
- If you had a brain tumour, would you scroll through the internet looking for the cheapest brain surgeon, or would you want to work with the best one you could find?
- In the consulting and coaching business, people are counting on you to get them results and that results are significantly more important than the price they pay.
- People actually feel un-easy about paying cheap prices for something that is important.
- Figure out what the result is that you are promising people and then price according to the results that you are able to bring.
- Never be the cheapest person on the block and be proud of it!
- People want to work with the best!
- Use Inbound Marketing and Know Your Numbers
- Most consultants and coaches rely on what Sam calls “random acts of marketing” and “Hope Marketing.”
- They get drips and drabs of business from a webinar one month, an event the next, a referral here and the odd email from somebody who saw one of their videos there.
- They have no way to get clients on demand and they have no idea how much it costs them to get a client or in what timeframe.
- If you can’t pay money to acquire a new coaching or consulting client, then you do not have a business!
- $1 FB Ad Click
- $4 Opt in (25% of clicks)
- $20 Application (5% of clicks)
- $100 Cost per Sale (20% of applications)
- This is how Sam’s schedule looks like:
- Move the Conversation Offline
- Making a sale online requires ninja level copywriting, split testing, countdown timers, scarcity, ridiculous guarantees and every other plugin, widget and software under the sun and even then your conversions still SUCK!
- Attract people to your business with paid advertising, tell them about what you do, who you help and what you help them with.
- Ask them to reach out if they are interested and then talk to them on the phone or Skype.
- Traditional online conversions are 1-2% and cost $1,000 per sale.
- Talking to somebody on the phone convers at 25-50% and is much cheaper and EASIER!
- Invest in Mentorship & Learn From Somebody Who Has Actually Done It
- If you wanted to go to The Cayman Islands, would you charter a plan and get behind the controls yourself with no training, no map and no co-pilot to guide you?
- The same way, don’t try to build your own coaching and consulting business without a prove system and a mentor.
- Sam has spent over half a million dollars on training, wasted almost two million dollars on dumb ideas, chewed through more than 15 employees he didn’t need, made over 2,000 cold calls, rented an office he didn’t need, undersold himself for years and left millions on the table, read over 200 books and burned multiple years of his life.
- He will never get that time back!
Generating Strategy Sessions With Our “Appointment Generating Machine”
That’s just a process where we take a prospect and turn him into our client using the script that we have already covered in the previous training (we already know how to sell, now we need to get people on these phone calls.)
The Only 4 Things That Matter With Your Coaching Or Consulting Business:
- Client Attraction (6 methods)
- Client Conversion (sales training)
- Service Delivery
“The VSL Funnel”
- Facebook Ad
- around $1 for one click.
- Landing Page (they land here after they click on an ad)
- around 20% Conversion to VSL Video, which makes the lead cost around $5.
- VSL Video (10-20 video where we provide value and ask them to schedule a call if they want to learn more)
- Schedule Once (a software that lets the prospect know when we are available)
- $20-$200 Applications, 5% Conversion
- Survey (determining whether they are a good fit for us or not)
- Strategy Session Call (over the phone/Skype where we use that script.)
- $100-$1,000 Click Per Action, 20%+ Conversion
In the Video talk about a specific problem and offer some information, then ask them to qualify for a session if they want to learn more.
Once they click, they get to a survey. You can copy Sam’s questions or use or own.
We are spending on average about $100 to get someone who will pay us $2,000 per month.
Sam Ovens still uses this funnel to generate clients.